Vegetation management is one of many efforts Yap State Public Service Corporation employs to help ensure the reliability of your electrical service. We regularly inspect trees growing near power lines and have our crews to trim trees growing into power lines along roadways and throughout the island.
Tampering with Utilities is Dangerous And it’s Against the Law
Utility theft – the stealing of electricity or water – is dangerous. It affects everyone.
Yap State Public Service Corporation is concerned about your safety and the safety of others. When you tamper with meters or utility lines, you expose yourself and others to a very dangerous situation.
Only trained YSPSC professionals are authorized to work with electricity, or water services. If you tamper, there’s a chance you will cause an explosion, start a fire or be electrocuted. Don’t put yourself or others at risk.
Remember, all usage must be metered, including water taken from fire hydrants. Unauthorized use or theft costs more for everyone in the community with additional repair, investigation, and administrative costs.
Tampering is Dangerous
- When people tamper with utilities, they cause a safety hazard which could result in personal injury from an explosion, fire, or electrocution.
- We have discovered that most tampered sites become a safety hazard, putting your family and neighbors in danger. Don’t take chances with your safety.
Tampering Affects Everyone
- When people steal service from a utility, they are stealing from everyone, because theft of service could lead to increased rates and fees.
Tampering is Against the Law
- Any type of utility theft is a crime! This includes taking water from fire hydrants without paying for it.
- Report any suspicious activity to YSPSC at 350-4427 or to the police. All calls are confidential.